Explore more infographics like this one by DietKart on Visual.ly.
There are various health problems which are caused by improper diet, obesity and genetics. Diabetes is one of the major health-related problems which should be checked in time.
Before going any further, let us get familiar with what diabetes is. This is a condition is basically classified as metabolism disorder, where the body is not able to produce a hormone known as Insulin.
※10 facts You Might Not Know About Diabetes※
" Source: http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov "
- About one third of all people with diabetes do not know they have the disease.
- Type 2 diabetes often does not have any symptoms.
- Only about five percent of all people with diabetes have type 1 diabetes.
- If you are at risk, type 2 diabetes can be prevented with moderate weight loss (10–15 pounds) and 30 minutes of moderate physical activity (such as brisk walking) each day.
- A meal plan for a person with diabetes isn’t very different than that which is recommended for people without diabetes.
- Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in working-age adults.
- People with diabetes are twice as likely to develop heart disease than someone without diabetes.
- Good control of diabetes significantly reduces the risk of developing complications and prevents complications from getting worse.
- Bariatric surgery can reduce the symptoms of diabetes in obese people.
- Diabetes costs $174 billion annually, including $116 billion in direct medical expenses.
There are three types of diabetes – Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes. But, nowadays, there is a cure for diabetes in the form of various supplements. There are herbal and ayurvedic supplements which prove useful in treating varied types of diabetes.
There is a huge variety of products available which boast of treating diabetes. But, you should take a decision for the diabetic care supplements after acquiring comprehensive information about such products and which type of diabetes you have. Let us discuss the types of diabetes in detail –
Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease where the pancreas is unable to produce the insulin hormone. Although some refer to it as juvenile diabetes, the truth is that this form of diabetes can develop at any age. it is a chronic condition, earlier known as juvenile diabetes, where the pancreas becomes incompetent to produce little or no insulin. It is a hormone that is required to let the sugar enter the cell in order to produce energy. It can lead to various complications such – nephropathy, heart & blood vessel disease, eye damage, hearing problems, osteoporosis and pregnancy complications.
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease wherein you experience high sugar level in the blood. It is also one of the common forms of diabetes. The symptoms include – increased thirst, increased urination, hunger and fatigue. It also has various complications such as – foot problems, kidney disease, nerve damage, heart disease and stroke and sexual dysfunction.Type 2 diabetes occurs when the body becomes insulin resistant and is unable to produce enough insulin to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Although this is often referred to as adult onset diabetes, children can develop Type 2 diabetes as well.
This is the type that affects the females during pregnancy. There are females who have increased levels of glucose in the blood. Their body is not capable of producing enough amount of insulin in order to transport the glucose to the cells. This results in the increasing the glucose levels.
Now, that we have discussed the diabetes in detail, let us discuss the types of Diabetic Care Supplements, or , supplements for diabetics ( Recommended Products )
This is sugar and it does not impede with the blood sugar. The physicians, across the world, recommend that the blood sugar levels should be checked regularly.
These are also for diabetics and especially who is having a deficiency of this mineral. Green leafy vegetables and bananas are having the apt amount of magnesium .
It helps in metabolizing carbohydrates, proteins and fats. This makes it a well-known dietary supplement also for all those who are looking for losing weight.
It is an Ayurvedic medication that offers the best solution for the menopause and digestive issues. It also helps in lowering down the blood sugar level via the stimulation of the insulin release. It also helps in lowering cholesterol and triglycerides.
It is very important that you take the advice of the physician beforehand, as there are chances that it may interact negatively with the medications that you might be consuming. You should keep in mind that the supplements should be consumed along with the on hand and dietary schedule.